Acessing Third Party AU Plug-Ins

starsteady

I have a bunch of random third party au's that I am trying to use in Logic. I have installed them all correctly, and they all show up in my AU sub-menu. My problem is that all of these au plug-ins are effects, and not actually instruments. I want to run other instrument tracks through these 3rd part AU's. I know the solution is something along the lines of adding more outputs, but I am pretty lost. Suggestions?

Cheers!

Ya, you kind of get what i'm saying. All audio objects to have their own inserts, but mine is used. For example, I have the ESX 24 loaded in the instrument slot, there is not other instrument slot for me to put in another AU. I can open that "certain" au fine, just load it into the instrument slot, but then ESX 24 cant be there. I am trying to use this other au plug-in to change the sounds from the ESX 24.

Take a look at this attachment.

You load your Instruments (Exs24, Ultrabeat, Synths, etc), in an INSTRUMENT SLOT.

You load your Effects (filters, pitchshift, ringmod, delays, etc), in an INSERT SLOT (as the effect is 'inserted' into the channel (like it was plugged in hardware chain)

The SENDS SLOT, is for 'sending' signal to a Bus channel (set up several separately with effects (reverb, delay, chorus), like on a mixer board.

Hope that helps (I really hope i get over the flu soon)

Cheers[/b]

1280328480_LP7insertscopy.jpg.5e69b4f2d6bc04ffa758e6235d2a07b0.jpg