ultrabeat forgets samples when using import...?

decisivemailshack.com

Hi all,

this is my first post here, i've lurked for a little while and had some really useful advice so far (the hyperedit drum sequencer is great!). I don't know whether this is a bug or something I'm doing wrong- I can't find info in the manual anywhere...

when I load a sample into an ultrabeat channel then use 'import' to find another sound to load (for instance, the factory ultrabeat kits eg "analog percussion sounds.pst", upon loading the presets file ultrabeat 'forgets' the samples in the already assigned channels. From what I can see, it is only the sample that is affected, modelled sounds, filters, and so on are unaffected.

I noticed that there waveform display for the sample shows the waveform, but the name box goes back to saying 'no sample loaded'. when clicking to load another sample then cancelling, it forgets the waveform as well.

is this a bug? It's REALLY annoying!

many thanks in advance,

Chris

I had a similar issue when creating kits using samples. Samples would disappear from channels when reloading the kit. Ultrabeat wont search for samples like the EXS24. You have to store your samples in the default Ultrabeat folder as this is the only place logic fill find and load the files.

hope this helps :-)

thanks for your reply clearise :)

i'm afraid it's not helped particuarly though- oddly enough my saved kits using samples in a custom directory do actually load fine! I am using 7.2.3...

not only that- it is in fact default ultrabeat sounds which cause the problem (although not exclusively, custom samples too)! to clarify, loading a kick from the 'acoustic kicks' drum set will load and play fine. however if i then load a snare from 'acoustic snares' drum set, the kick will play its osc and noise but lose the sample. The most recently loaded sample will load fine, however. This problem does not extend to simply loading samples into other channels, it seems to be just when importing a channel setting from another preset...

i think this must be a bug, which is annoying... but on the other hand it is *such* a crucial and noticable problem that part of me thinks it can't be a bug, there must be something i'm doing wrong...?