MPC with logic pro 7.2

tevers14

- raises hand -

me me me !

I've used an MPC alongside Logic for a long time now.

Ultimately it's sort of useless when you unleash the power of the EXS sampler and even Ultrabeat.

However I still use my MPC as a trigger device, and whenever I step outside of Logic to create beats. I guess the best comparison of my habit is that to a guitar player... guitar players typically have multiple guitars for different reasons. I recently upgraded my MPC 60 to an MPC2500. Some of the features in it (i.e. chop shop) allow me to do things very quickly, which would otherwise take multiple steps in Logic.

It's all a matter of preference.

Not to mention the "note repeat" button on the MPC is still wicked fun, and I haven't found anything in Logic or Live that even comes close.

• 2 weeks later...

Correction on my last comment (regarding note repeat).

I found a thread on this amazing forum that walks you through creating a "Hyper Editor" for Ultrabeat.

Well I followed the steps and applied it to the EXS.

In the EXS I loaded my MPC samples and guess what.. the hyper editor allows you to draw in notes which behave very similarly to the "note repeat" button on the mpc.

Between this tutorial, EXS/Ultrabeat and a PAD interface (Korg, Akai, etc..)

You no longer need an MPC.

Here is that thread regarding the Hyper Editor

http://www.logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=4457&highlight=hyper+editor+ultrabeat