Mac Mini 2011 base 2.3

I'm sure it will work splendidly with logic for mild to moderate recording tasks. I have a 1st gen macbook air, (the current ones), that is a 1.86 C2D that I used for a fairly intense audio recording, with a several software instruments. I used about 30 tracks on vocals alone, plus EZdrummer, several EXS24, around 6-8 guitars, all loaded with amp sims and each track had at least Eq/comp on them. It was fine, and I didn't freeze anything. So, the base mini is more than capable with its' specs, as far as similar projects go, but it may struggle with heavy VI and electronic/software type music.

Thanks for the reply Rhino. I'm currently using a 2004 G5 as you can see from my sig. This has a geekbench score of 2100 and runs my VI and heavy EXS projects fine. It's just going tits up, problems with overheating and i think may have a coolant leak..anyway I've had my money's worth, had it for 7 years, so I think a new purchase is due..The new base mini geekbench is 6400, so 3 times faster than my old mac so am I missing something here..why shell out loads more for the quad which geekbenches at 9456, when the base model is already so much faster than what I have now..Do you think the shift to Logic 9 and Lion changes things significantly? I could stay with Leopard and Logic 7 if that were the case anyway, cheers, Leo

I had that same G5. Coolant leak and because of that power unit shorted out and the computer died. Make sure you have everything backed up.

Remember the new Mac Mini has no DVD drive so you would need to buy an external DVD drive to install Logic.

I would definitely recommend getting Logic 9 upgrade, you'll like it.

There are some kinks with Lion, but overall works apparently. There are some threads here in the forum of users reporting issues about it.

Mudhos gracias Triplets..seems to be a common one that fault with the coolant, pretty poor show, I thought it would've soldiered on forever but then I suppose even Macs are built to ultimately fail :roll:

Anyway I ordered the Mini base, maxxed out the RAM, and am quietly confident that it'll run my projects fine..you seem to lose all the value when you buy top of the range, and it's all about being flashy rather than an actual requirement..Will post up some comments once I start using it...Cheers, Leo