error in audio window, help !

mikeebruno

I got this very anoying message: error in audio window code-47.

This apeared a few times and when it does it's blocking every task like play, delete, record, until you clik ok 30 times and relaunch.

I'm scared as **** to see this in a session with managers behind me.

I have to fix that, so I dont have to go back on cubase just to make sure my studio runs smothly while poeple are watching...

thanks

ok I'll let you know... It's a intermitent problem I guess, this apeared a few times

I did two studio sessions since and was ok, wish never see this again.

Question : moving the preference folder to desktop, I red you telling this before, What effect this as on the preference and why We do that ?

thanks

When you launch Logic, it loads the preference file into RAM. When you quit, it writes it back to the preference file on your hard drive.

When Logic crashes, it can be abruptly stopped while it is in the middle of writing to that preference file. If that's the case, the file is corrupted. This can lead to all sorts of unexpected behaviors.

Hey David, thank you. I was having an error (core audio error) that was preventing me from having more than one project open at a time. I had repaired permissions, disks, etc. Nothing was solving it. I did a quick search here and found this thread and lo, your prescribed permissions maneuver did the trick. I appreciate the explanation too. Makes sense of it.