Zoom H2 mic not producing any sound?

bebenavole

I ve used ZOOM H2 in USB mode before with no problem. All of a sudden when I plug it into my lap Logic wont produce a sound. In the Logic prefs I chose H2 audio. The device is recognized and working. Still no damn audio. I go to the Mac Sys pref and the H2 input is recognized also but no audio. Also the imported audio in the current project wont play. Not until I change the Logic pref input to Built in mic.

What the hell is happening here?

thanx

a.

no because its not possible

even if i record something i have no output in logic

also the inserted audio track 1 i am trying to record to ...the solo button has a red stripe over it.

A month ago this setup worked perfectly. I am pissed beyond words because i was in the zone for recording and now this problem hahahaha,fuckin hell.

What gives?

no because its not possible

Why not? Doesn't it have a headphone out?

even if i record something i have no output in logic

What do you mean by no output in Logic: no signal on the Stereo Out channel strip meters? Or no sound? If the Zoom H2 is the selected audio device in Logic's preferences and you're not monitoring through it, you obviously won't hear anything...

also the inserted audio track 1 i am trying to record to ...the solo button has a red stripe over it.

Shouldn't be a problem, but that's 'solo safe'. You can toggle it by control-clicking the solo button.

A month ago this setup worked perfectly.

How are you monitoring, though?

Its supposed to monitor from the headphones output or the laptop speakers.

Not if the device selected in Logic's audio preferences is the Zoom h2. You'd have to select the built-in audio output to hear anything through the built-in speakers or headphone out of your laptop.

You could use an aggregate audio device to aggregate the Zoom input and the built-in output:

How to combine multiple audio interfaces by creating an aggregate device on Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard

when you open new channel strip you wanna record thru it usually offer either input 1 or 2 or both for a single stereo track. Now theres only Input 1-2 stereo

jeeez

Your channel strip only offers stereo inputs because it's a stereo channel strip. Switch it to a mono one (with the format button below the meter) and you'll have access to mono inputs.

last time i didnt have to configure anything at all

Well considering Logic 8 only supports a single device for both input and output, you can't use one device for input and another device for output without configuring anything at all. In Logic 9 this would work since Logic 9 supports different devices for input and output.

Can you post a screenshot of your aggregate audio device?

OK 1st of all thanx for your effort, thank you so much. 2nd...It was really late last night and I couldt get my head around the whole issue.

3rd...and most important of all. What happens is ,Logic recognizes the H2 but then you have to monitor the whole thing through the H2 device. Meaning headphones output. Thats what I overlooked.

So for future and current users:

Plugin your ZOOM H2 via USB

open your Logic project

Use the H2 headphones out for monitoring

Logic recognizes the H2 but then you have to monitor the whole thing through the H2 device. Meaning headphones output. Thats what I overlooked.

I hope you do realize that's what I've been trying to explain to you since the beginning of this thread? :? It seems you're getting frustrated pretty quickly and jumping to (wrong) conclusions on your own rather than listening to what I (and Jordito) have been trying to tell you. I would suggest a Grande Espresso, a deep, deep breath, and some quiet reading time. All the info you're looking for is already in this thread! :D

• 2 weeks later...

True true BUT!

Here I sit trying to begin another session and I have a problem again

I am much more calm this time BTW hehehehe.

Device , being H@, recognized...no problem.

I have output sound thru the H2 (monitoring )but I get no input signal in Logic.

Is there a sequence I have to apply when starting logic then zoom?

I am completely confused now....

Why no input altho the H2 inputs are recognized byLogic?

thanx.