Real Synthesizer or Logic Studio Instruments

The built in instruments in Logic are very good. They can handle the sounds that are in the remix video. The Logic synths are highly programmable, and you can get a great variety of sounds from them. Besides, you've shelled out the money for the Logic package, why not learn what's available "in the box" before looking to see what else is available?

I've just taken a course in Logic, and I was absolutely blown away by what can be achieved with Logic alone.

Good luck, and good programming!

P

The built in instruments in Logic are very good. They can handle the sounds that are in the remix video. The Logic synths are highly programmable, and you can get a great variety of sounds from them. Besides, you've shelled out the money for the Logic package, why not learn what's available "in the box" before looking to see what else is available?

I've just taken a course in Logic, and I was absolutely blown away by what can be achieved with Logic alone.

Good luck, and good programming!

P

Thanks for the reply on both this and the other thread :), and I do have a liking to programming, so a software based synth would be awesome as would a real synth; by the way, are the instruments and sounds you speak of included within Logic Express or would the Studio version be required?

Hi,

You have everything you need within Logic to make the tunes you want.

I own several vintage real synthesizers (TR909,808,303,SH101,juno 1), and more recents ones JP8000, Nord lead, Novation, MPC2000 but I haven't touch them for 3 years now, since I discovered Logic !

There now all on the attic !

Some 3rd party plugins are usefull for very peculiar sounds, for example Audiorealism Bassline if you want to emulate acid TB303 sounds.

Don't waste your time to try lots of 3rd party plug-ins but manipulate Logic plug ins and be creative.

Oddly enough, I was pondering purchasing some new soft synths or getting a hardware one instead.

The Logic ones are great and I already have a few 3rd party synths, Arturia, Ultra analogue etc.

One of my reasons for looking at hardware was to reduce the cpu hit on my imac.

Some of the third party ones can be buggy. Arturia sounds great but The Analogue Laboratory crashes Logic on every other use. I had to stop using it.

I was assuming that hardware would sound better and wouldn't crash Logic.

Hi,

You have everything you need within Logic to make the tunes you want.

I own several vintage real synthesizers (TR909,808,303,SH101,juno 1), and more recents ones JP8000, Nord lead, Novation, MPC2000 but I haven't touch them for 3 years now, since I discovered Logic !

There now all on the attic !

Some 3rd party plugins are usefull for very peculiar sounds, for example Audiorealism Bassline if you want to emulate acid TB303 sounds.

Don't waste your time to try lots of 3rd party plug-ins but manipulate Logic plug ins and be creative.

A real synth is definitely awesome though, but yeah I think I will get Logic instead and carry my synths/studio conveniently around with me. :)