tracks and measures disappeared [SOLVED]

edurbrow

I was looking for a note that was ringing on at the end of the piece and clicked the discloser triangle for the last region in the guitar track. After that, all my other tracks disappeared. Hiding is turned off and I chose show all hidden tracks. I can't figure out where they have gone. They still sound. I can't see what I could have done. What's more is that the first 10 bars of my piece have gone. If I hit return it seems to play from 1 1 1 1, but I can't hear the first four bars, which is just one audio track. Even going back in the undo history to the first event an hour earlier does not bring the view back to normal, which makes no sense because they were there a few minutes before the last edit.

I'll just leave the computer on and not save until I can come up with a solution. It would be very bad news to lose those ten bars. As they seem to sound, I'm guessing there must be another kind of hide tracks that I don't know about going on.

TIA

490044709_Picture27.thumb.png.ce4b33c7bfb90607cde9084066dc128e.png

Sorry, I just solved the problem. I looked for a way to delete the post but it looks like one is only able to edit a post once it has been posted.

Anyway, I clicked that bent arrow icon (Leave Folder?) in the upper left of the arrange window and my tracks appeared. I didn't intentionally make a folder and I don't see anything that looks like a folder in the arrange window now. I'll have to read up on that in the manual.

Sorry to take up bandwidth.

First of all, glad you solved it - that was my idea too when I said double-click the background, which has the same effect as that broken arrow button at the top left: to leave the folder. I knew you were inside a folder because that button was plain and not grayed out as it is when you're at the top level Arrange area.

Maybe you clicked the key command to pack a folder without realizing it? Anyway you can unpack the folder from the Region > Folder > ... menu.

As for taking up bandwidth... that's what this site is for! No need to apologize. And certainly I don't want anyone deleting their posts: if you figure out your own answer, post it in your thread (as you did), but don't delete your question. You never know how many people with the same or similar problems may stumble upon that thread in the future and be glad there's an answer to your/their problem!

:D