seemingly simple question about smpte Position counter..

curtischip

Hello to this forum..I'm new to it and it looks like a great resource! Cheers to all the contributors...

I've just upgraded from an old g3 running os09 with logic 4.7 to a g5 and logic Express..I cant seem to figure out the time position counter.. It doesn't move or count along as a song plays...Surly it should right?.. This seems like there should be a very simple solution to it... but i just cant figure it out!... thanks..

-b-

hey david.. thanks for the reply. Yeah i'm sure i'm looking @ the right display line. The display i am referring to is the @ the very top of the transport in the middle. In other version of logic i've used and seen.. this number represents the time in hours, minutes, seconds ect where the song is currently recording or playing . .And of course updates as the bar moves along.. But with my sedtup here it stays locked at certain values..

strange?.. there must be a simple solution..

OH yeah.. my computer is a g5 dual 1.8 ghz with 512 mb ram and Logic Express Academic 7.0..

a thanks again for your help man!

-ben-

Oh.. you know now that I remember, I've had that problem a couple of times. In fact, even the actual SPL itself wouldn't move, even though I could hear my song play... and I have the same machine: dual 1.8GHz G5. That was always fixed by restarting the computer.

I would definitely add RAM to your machine, though. At least 2G total. 512M is really, really low.

OK it turns out i;ve got 1 gb of ram.. (not just 512.. its a new machine and i had it confused w/ another)..

But this problem still persists..I tried rebooting a few times, but no luck. Could it be a ram issue?..I've been inputing 8 channels of audio w/ no problem and it seems to run great. AS far as i an tell there are no other functional issues..

I never realized how handy it is to have that display.. I use it all the time with recording projects. I do a ot of work thats designed to fit in specific time allotments for film soundtracks..

Any ideas?!...

thanks again..

-b-