Ultrabeat - File saving

rainstick

Ok... having just realized that the ' fading in bug ' on the Ultrabeat is now fixed i want to use it as my primary drum programmer ( rather than the EXS )

But what im wondering is - should i be creating file location's / folder's in the same way i have for my EXS instruments, ?

I don't want to start and have all my file's in a twist in 3 months...

Some of my exs instruments that ive made for drums don't work straight away on ultrabeat because of start point's and stuff (i need to edit in sample editor, save as different audio files, create exs from those THEN drag that exs file onto the Ultrabeat)

so i was just wondering if i should be setting up folder's for this ( as ultrabeat doesn't seem to do it automatically the same way as the EXS)

Also - is there a way to make the ultrabeat not one shot, ? i just loaded a clap into it can can't get it to play for as long as the midi region - it just plays the amp envelope...

cheers!

Some of my exs instruments that ive made for drums don't work straight away on ultrabeat because of start point's and stuff (i need to edit in sample editor, save as different audio files, create exs from those THEN drag that exs file onto the Ultrabeat)

In the EXS Edit-Instrument menu, choose "Export Sampler Instrument and Sample Files", which is basically what you described but does it all in one go.

Also - is there a way to make the ultrabeat not one shot, ? i just loaded a clap into it can can't get it to play for as long as the midi region - it just plays the amp envelope...

Select Env 4, just underneath it is the Sustain button. Click it.

ah cool... yeh the sustain thing, and drag the red line to the right, cheers...

On the file thing - i usually do that for the exs - But a lot of my instrument's can't be read by the Ultrabeat (because there one long file that only the exs knows where to chop up or whatever...)

So to get these instrument's into the ultrabeat i have to create all new audio region's for them....

I guess i could just have a folder of exs instrument's that were solely for using with the Ultrabeat, ?

Was just wondering if there were any must do's in the area really...

thanks though!