loud repetitive sound when recording vst instruments

hugodanner2002

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and to using logic pro so please be gentle :) I've started recording this week and i'm already encountering technical difficulties. When recording midi and using certain vst instruments/plug-ins i'm getting one note repeating over and over again through the speakers before i've touched a key on the keyboard. This makes it impossible to use that sound in my projects. More annoyingly, I puchased the analog player from 'arturia' and i'm having difficulty with that plug-in too. Strangely some of the snyth sounds work fine but lots come with this repetitive note as soon as you load in the sound. Has anyone else encountered this problem and is there a workaround? Is it anything to do with Logic updates?

Thanks in advance people...

Are you using a midi controller? If so, which one?

Which version of logic? What hardware?

If you add your gear to your signature (number 5 here): http://www.logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=29410

Then folks'll have a better idea of what the problem might be.

If you have a midi keyboard hooked up, have you tried unplugging it to see what happens?

• 2 months later...
Hi, thanks for your replies but i'm still encountering these problems. You should be able to see my set up in my signature strip now hopefully. I have been in contact with Arturia but their technical team haven't been much help. I'm not running AMS in test mode and i've tried disabling the metronome neither of which work. Arturia sent me the 'analog laboratory' to try out to and initially it seemed to be running smoothly but now i'm still experiencing problems with certain sounds again which is frustrating. Any other suggestions people??

• 10 months later...

Hi:) :D

So I bought an Arturia Analog Experience......and when I hit record in Logic, it shows activity but does not play back any sound.

I know the solution must be simple, but I cant get around to finding it.

The arturia has been authorized, registered, authenticated, th whole thing, but still wont play back what I record....

Any thoughts would be very very helpful...thanks!