Midi device not working

Hi there,

I've been trying to set up my yamaha keyboard with UX16 USB interface for the last 3 hours and it's still not working. I have used it before so it's not the first time I'm setting it up. In the audio midi setup window of my mac it shows that the device is online.

I've connected the physical input and the sequencer input in the environment. I've tried software instrument as well as external midi, but that shouldn't make a difference.

I've restarted my mac, the yamaha, reconnected all the cables.

I'm very close from throwing my piano out of the window so if anyone could help me soon I'd be really thankful!

Thank you very much in advance.

Eline

OK, before you are successful in defenestrating your keyboard, there's still a couple things to try. Since AMS is showing the MIDI interface as online, and you're sure you have the MIDI cable connected correctly, Yamaha out to interface in, then download this little utility:

http://www.snoize.com/MIDIMonitor/

If nothing shows up in that when you play your keys, then it's not a Logic problem and is very likely a keyboard zone setup issue in the Yamaha itself. Which Yamaha is it? Some of the older ones can be a little flaky in this regard.

Downloaded the software.. It showed in there..

Clueless I restarted the yamaha NP-30 and logic and guess what.. It works.. Not that I've done everything differently than what I've done in the last couple of hours, but it works.. Now please cross your fingers it won't ever happen again (it probably will).