Problems using hardware effects in logic

Hello people this is my first post so greetings to you all!

im looking for some advice on integrating hardware into logic. Im running a phono line out of logic into a zoom multi effects unit then back in through the i/o utility plug. Everythings fine for about 5 minutes then a crackling noise starts whenever there is audio being processed. I tried changing the buffer size in logics preferences and this solves the problem for about 5 minutes then it starts again. I know its not the effects unit because the same thing happens with all my other hardware units aswel. Im using a esi maya 4in 4out audio interface which is brand new so i dont think its that . so im preety stumped , any ideas? its doin my head in! :x :x :x

Hello people this is my first post so greetings to you all!

im looking for some advice on integrating hardware into logic. Im running a phono line out of logic into a zoom multi effects unit then back in through the i/o utility plug. Everythings fine for about 5 minutes then a crackling noise starts whenever there is audio being processed. I tried changing the buffer size in logics preferences and this solves the problem for about 5 minutes then it starts again. I know its not the effects unit because the same thing happens with all my other hardware units aswel. Im using a esi maya 4in 4out audio interface which is brand new so i dont think its that . so im preety stumped , any ideas? its doin my head in! :x :x :x

It sounds as if you are pinning the blame on Logic. I can assure you that Logic plays fine with outboard gear.

What do you mean by a 'phono line?'

It this the $99 maya card you are using?

Are the Zoom multi FX capable of interfacing via USB?

hello thanks for your reply, yea the zoom effects has two large jack in and outs and then there running straight into the interface, i just presumed that it was a logic problem because when i change the buffer size it goes away for a few minutes, but thn it comes bk :?:

i just presumed that it was a logic problem because when i change the buffer size it goes away for a few minutes, but thn it comes bk :?:

This sounds like a driver problem, where it's not capable of maintaining sync between the card and core audio. Is there an updated driver available, and if so, was it written for your specific OSX version?

i just presumed that it was a logic problem because when i change the buffer size it goes away for a few minutes, but thn it comes bk :?:

This sounds like a driver problem, where it's not capable of maintaining sync between the card and core audio. Is there an updated driver available, and if so, was it written for your specific OSX version?

THanks a lot i just updated the driver and im running problem free!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: