i can't get the quantize right.

Kojitai

ill sometimes make some beats via ultra beat and mess around until i come up with a beat. most times it would come out not timed and would generally be a mess but when i try to quantize thinking it would time correctly its even worse.

i can't get quantize to work for me, is there something I'm doing wrong?

Are you listening to the click when you play in the notes? If you are playing without that as a reference, then quantization will have really unpredictable results.

If you are playing to a click then it's a matter of applying the most appropriate Q setting - often that ends up being 16th notes or one of the swing 16th settings - and determining if you want it "perfect" - 100 % quantization or less perfect, which means choosing something like 95% or what ever floats your boat.

Another option is to have logic quantize on input. Click on the background and then choose the Q settings in the Inspector. After that, your playing will be automatically quantized. Note that you can still change the percentage after you use quantize-on-input.

HTH.