Shifting audio in Logic Pro

RolandFan

I am trying to layer vocals with a slight delay between them...meaning, I have two takes of a vocal and I want to put them on two separate tracks and offset one track by about 25ms against the first track. Is there a way in Logic to move an audio region by ms? I looked for a way to change the ruler to display time rather than measures but I didn't find it. There must be a way.

Use the track delay feature. You can view the time in ms by going up to the arrange page's view menu and selecting that option.

The other benefit to doing it that way is that you can always get it back to it's exact original position by setting the track delay back to a value of 0.

If you nudge the actual object, over time and several more moves, you're likely to forget where it originally was.

I am trying to layer vocals with a slight delay between them...meaning, I have two takes of a vocal and I want to put them on two separate tracks and offset one track by about 25ms against the first track. Is there a way in Logic to move an audio region by ms? I looked for a way to change the ruler to display time rather than measures but I didn't find it. There must be a way.

Just curious...Why not use one of the Delay inserts?