Stuck On Checking Midi Drivers?

GrooveChild

Hi

I have a Mackie Universal Controller connected via Midi to a M-Audio Midisport X8, my IMac is also connected to the M-Audio via usb.

A master keyboard (CME UF8) is connected to the Imac via usb and so is a Korg XL is also connected to the Imac via usb.

Everything was working fine until now. When I launch Logic Pro 9. it is sticking on the checking midi drivers. if it does get through to the arrange window it crashes.

I have checked the Audio/Midi set up and there are no devices detected?

Any ideas? have i connected something incorrectly?

PLEASE help

Thanks

Hi Merlin

Thank you for input, I have checked what I have in the Midi Drivers folder and the result is as below.

Please have a look for me and see if there is anything that shouldn't be there and get back to me.

DigidesignFireWireMIDI.plugin

DigidesignMbox2MIDI.plugin

DigiDioMidiDriver.plugin

EmagicUSBMIDIDriver.plugin

KorgUSBMIDIDriver.plugin

M-Audio USB Support.plugin

UF-MIDI-USB-Driver.plugin

I have also updated the M-Audio Midisport 8X8 driver to the latest version as

advised earlier by n6smith (thanks)

Thank you to everyone for supporting me so far

Hi

When you say Digi, I take it that you're referring to Protools. I have checked and Protools 9 and lower is not yet compatible with Lion.

Why would this have an effect on logic, by the way just tried to open Logic and again it got stuck crashed on me.

Why are none of my Midi devices are being detected by my Imac

No, I'm talking about the DIGI MIDI drivers:

DigiDioMidiDriver.plugin

But could be that others in that folder are also causing problems.

To know for sure you could move them out of the MIDI drivers folder (put them in the desktop, for example) and test by opening Logic again.

Start by moving the DIGI ones. One by one, if you like...until Logic doesn't get stuck when starting up.

J.

Hi J

I tried moving them one by one, but I can only copy them not move them unless I move them to the trash.

When I click the Logic icon in the dock ,nothing happens, I have to force quit and click the icon again, then I get a message saying restore window or do not restore window. i click either one, then the start up for Logic starts but gets stuck on checking midi drivers and then I see that Logic pro is not responding.

Logic still crashing, I have to force quit every time

Hi J

I tried moving them one by one, but I can only copy them not move them unless I move them to the trash.

Maybe it's a Lion thing. No clue as I'm still on Leopard. Better look around to see if you can find out more about that behavior. But even if they end up in the trash it's not as if they'll get trapped in there for life, no?

If Logic is getting stuck at checking MIDI drivers it's because one or more files in that folder.

J.

Hi J (Merlin)

Again you have saved the day.

I started trashing the Digi files one by one in order and when i got to the 3rd one DigiDioMidiDriver.plugin and restarted the Mac, then Logic came back to life. Yippeeeeeeeee

I have checked the Audio/Midi devices and i'm pleased to say that all devices are present, however there is a question mark on the MBox2 icon, any ideas?

Should I replace the other two Digi files (as below) back into the Midi Drivers Folder or leave them in the trash?

Thanks again for coming to my rescue

Hi J (Merlin)

Again you have saved the day.

I started trashing the Digi files one by one in order and when i got to the 3rd one DigiDioMidiDriver.plugin and restarted the Mac, then Logic came back to life. Yippeeeeeeeee

Cool, you're welcome.

however there is a question mark on the MBox2 icon, any ideas?

hmm, let's see....you removed all of the MBox's MIDI-related drivers...so....

The MIDI side of Audio MIDI Setup is going (it has too sides: audio and MIDI, just like humans have a masculine side and a feminine side): "Hey, what happened to that MBOX thing you used to use? I can't find no drivers for it no more!"

Should I replace the other two Digi files (as below) back into the Midi Drivers Folder or leave them in the trash?

Thanks again for coming to my rescue

Try whatever you think it's best as long as you can run Logic. It looks like you don't use the Mbox for MIDI anyway.

Cheers,

J.

Hi J

to be honest i have 2 DAW Logic is on the Mac and Cubase 6 is on a PC.

I have decided that as I want the Mackie Controller to be connected to Logic, I will have to reinstall the Midi drivers in the MBox2.

I can then try connecting Cubase through USB to my PC.

Logic DAW: Connected via Midi to M-Audio Midi Interface

CME Keyboard, Mackie, and microKorg XL

Cubase 6: Connected via USB Inputs on PC

CME Keyboard, , microKorg XL & Novation Zero SL MK2

Please tell me, what do you think?

thanks again