Logic is broken after using wav at different Sample rate

Agonist

Worked on some vocal audio...it was provided with a sample rate of 48000.

when i finished that project i went to another project...and now all i hear is a digital mess and crashing with the following error messages with different number errors (attached)...i've rebooted, and I've rebooted my sound card. All other audio applications are fine...what do i need to do to logic to get it to work as normal again? (Logic 9.1.5...my set up is usually 44100)

678504119_ScreenShot2011-10-05at13_59_46.png.422a99b0f532878a0c6a072224478fe7.png

1572533328_ScreenShot2011-10-05at13_59_27.png.8d703328ab885260ddecc0a0ef288368.png

Edited by Agonist

If a core audio driver isn't multi-client capable, then other apps, eg itunes, system sounds, whatever, will change the interface sample rate. At that point it doesn't match Logic's sample rate and then you get the error message.

Make sure in Audio MIDI setup that the Tascam isn't selected for either default or system sounds. Don't run any other audio apps that want to use the Tascam. Try that and see if it gets better. "If" Tascam ever writes a driver for Lion, then "maybe" your situation will improve. Good luck!

• 4 months later...

Hi Agonist,

Sorry to go OT from your original post, but I notice you are using an i5 i9Mac with the FW-1804 - is this correct?

My C2D iMac has just blown it's logic board, and I'm looking for a replacement, however the only thing I've found on running the Tascam interface is that it only has 32 bit drivers, and the i5 is 64 bit, and OSX 10.7 will not support 32 bit drivers.

Can you let me know your experience?

Thanks

Richard

I run my iMac in 32 bit mode (with os 10.7.2) so that it recognises the FW-1804 as a firewire device by pressing and holding 3+2 on the keyboard on start up. Running in 32bit mode has given me no issues and i use it for the entire iMac system as well as Logic.

One minor thing...when opening a project, logic becomes confused and does not play back audio correctly (it sounds like it has an extremely low sample rate or is crushed), however, if i quit logic and re-open, it play's fine. (i never use to have to do this...i.e. open>press play>quit>open to get logic to play at the correct sample rate, this began to be a problem when a friend gave me some audio with a sample rate of 48000, and ever since, i have to do this routine when starting up (i.e open>press play>quit>open). but it doesn't bother me, having to do this...it's only required after a system shut down.

Thanks for that ... I was a bit cheesed about the 32 bit drivers, and have been in contact with Tascam, as I was under the belief I would have to either buy another C2D CPU machine, or replace my interface ... neither of which as appealing ....

Cheers

Richard