exporting individual track as file [SOLVED]

missminni

Thanks to the help I received earlier, I learned how to save and bounce a live mix.

Now I need to know how to bounce the individual tracks from the mix and maintain the editing in them.

When I choose the option "export all tracks all tracks as audio files" they are exported as gigantic mp3's without any of the editing in tact. I just get the raw track prior to mixing but ten times bigger.

I would like to export the adjusted track as it is in the mix.

How do I do that?

Thanks.

Do you mean bounce-replace all tracks? Are you sure the files it creates are mp3s? :shock:

I'm not sure what "raw track prior to mixing but ten times bigger" means exactly, nor what you mean by edit - do you mean you see one long region instead of several smaller ones? That's normal, that's the goal of the bouncing process: to avoid having to deal with multiple regions, and turn them into a single long region.

If you mean that some of the audio you had cut (deleted) from the Arrange area is back in the bounced file - I've personally never experienced that?

Do you mean bounce-replace all tracks? Are you sure the files it creates are mp3s? :shock:

I'm not sure what "raw track prior to mixing but ten times bigger" means exactly, nor what you mean by edit - do you mean you see one long region instead of several smaller ones? That's normal, that's the goal of the bouncing process: to avoid having to deal with multiple regions, and turn them into a single long region.

If you mean that some of the audio you had cut (deleted) from the Arrange area is back in the bounced file - I've personally never experienced that?

I have a mix with 15 tracks. I've exported it (bounced) as a mp3 file. that's great.

Now I would like to be able to export each one of the tracks by themselves and have them retain the automation ( I guess that's what you call it) I really am so new to this program I don't know the right terminology. sorry.

much welcomeness. :lol:

My only problem now is that the exported files_bip.aif are huge. over 400 MB each. I saved them as aiffs. My only other choices were WAV or CAF.

How can I save a smaller file.

Uh oh another problem

The exported tracks have different durations....they should all be as long as the original track.

But it seems that's not the case. They vary. some being the full 40 minutes, others shorter by as much as 6 minutes. what could cause that?

OK let's back up for a second: what are those exported files for? What are you then going to do with them?

I am going to import them as sound files in a flash movie.

ETA~I'm not going to be able to do this afterall. It won't work.

I'm going to use them to create an action script....or outside java script ...that controls the sound track in a flash movie. I have no idea how. Do they export

in a text format?