Korg Kontrol49 Scene Set Problems

Lawson

The kontrol49 comes with a scene set library to allow instant interfacing with various audio instruments without having to manually set-up each midi controller on the kontrol49. Unfortunately, the logic scene set which includes all of the logic instruments is listed as emagic logic and many of the controllers don't work properly. It seems like Korg hasn't updated their scene sets since Apple bought Emagic. I would like to find an updated scene set for Apple logic so that I don't have to program every little thing by hand. The Korg website has no info.

Does anyone use the kontrol49 with logic and share my complaint? Any ideas?

Thanks for your time,

Lawson

I have a microKontrol here. If you're using Logic 7.2, logic will automatically recognize the board as native mode. Native mode's operation is different from the normal so you need to consult with the control surface manual came with Logic 7.2.

The native mode at a surface seems very convenient because it's automatic but on the second thought, you'll likely have problems if you connect other controllers at the same time. And in stand alone, it's not customizable and MOST FRUSTRATINGLY, the modulation wheel will not work in the instruments. Otherwise, parameter names are the real ones but useless Korg's default unchangeble sets of names.

You can "quit" native mode if you so wish by deleting Kontrol 49 object in the control surface setup window. The manual says you can "kill" native mode within the Kontrol49 via some button pressing but I do not recommend this as it makes the system sometimes unstable.

I really hope Korg or Apple updates this native mode feature one step above and at the same time for the Korg, ALLOW AS TO CUSTOMIZE PARAM NAME PLEASE!!