Is there a way to split a comped track into 2 comped tracks?

joshuac

I have one comped track which accounts for the guitar part for my entire song. This comped track is made up of parts from 7 takes. I want to take copies of two of the takes onto another track and re-comp them (if there is such a term) into a different comp track. What's the cleanest way to do this without screwing up my entire song? Thanks!

At least two ways:

Take folder menu, upper right of folder: Duplicate Comp. Now you can create and export a new comp made from just those two takes while keeping the original comp.

Or duplicate the entire take folder via Option-click-drag. Now, in the second Take folder, click the "picnic table" icon next to the disclosure triangle. This will switch from comp mode to edit mode and allow editing of the regions, including deleting some of them. Click the table again when you're done.

But you don't actually have to do this deleting of regions activity - you could just make a new comp with the two desired takes. It's an option if you just want to reduce visual clutter inside the copied folder.