Rec ReWired Ableton Live sound in Logic (without bouncing)?

oatbean

I'm hoping someone can help me here.

I've been searching the web for hours and I can't seem to find an answer to this.

The only solution I've seen so far involves bouncing via the master channel and then re-importing and re-placing the resulting bounced audio file. ( I really hope not to have to do this ). I simply want to hit Record and Stop withing Logic. I figure there has got to be a way.

My question is pretty simple. I have Ableton Live patched into my Logic Environment via ReWire. That much seems to be working fine. Live is now a slave to Logic.

Now, I just simply want to use Logic to record the sound that Ableton Live is generating. My meters within Logic show me that it is hearing Ableton Live but I haven't had any success routing it to a Logic track and recording it.

Can someone here walk me through it?

I would be forever in your debt.

Sincerely,

Rob

well with some creative cabling, a sound card with enough in/outs and a hardware mixer you may be able to record your rewire track to a new audio track. With the work involved in that though, you might as well just bounce down the rewire track.

btw... strictly out of curiosity, for what reason do you want to record vs bounce, and how do you see this as a benefit?

The trick at "http://logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=5028" did the trick!!

Thanks everyone!

And David, just to satisfy your curiosity...

I'm just goofing around trying to learn some Pink Floyd guitar solos. David Gilmour does some sweet and tasty fretwork. So, I was just looking for a down and dirty way to slow down sections of solos (audio files that I'm already using within Logic at normal speed (in a non-destructive manner)). It is important to me (for convenience) to have all of these elements contained within Logic, independent of Live, for easy transport from my 2 x 23 inch screen desktop workstation to my 15 inch laptop.

When I tried to bounce, I found it harder for me to quickly isolate sections that I wanted to record at a slower speed. No matter where I moved Logic's Timeline indicator every time I hit play Live would start from the beginning of my audio file.

I'm open to other suggestions but this just seemed to make more sense to me.

Thanks again,

Rob