EXS24 samples

anamorphis

Hi everyone!

Ok, so I'm using a FW external HD to store my Sampler Instruments and respective Samples. I know that the first time I load one of the "big ones" it can take a while to load it. Fine! But this drive is the same I use to connect to the MacBook Pro, while working away from the studio. Will those sampler instruments, which I previously loaded in the iMac, take that long to open the next time I load them on the MacBook?

If so, is there any way to avoid this? Some cool trick? Anyone? :wink: :idea:

Thanks a lot.

Hi everyone!

Ok, so I'm using a FW external HD to store my Sampler Instruments and respective Samples. I know that the first time I load one of the "big ones" it can take a while to load it. Fine! But this drive is the same I use to connect to the MacBook Pro, while working away from the studio. Will those sampler instruments, which I previously loaded in the iMac, take that long to open the next time I load them on the MacBook?

If so, is there any way to avoid this? Some cool trick? Anyone? :wink: :idea:

Thanks a lot.

Maybe the easiest way to do this would be copy just the sampler instruments and put them on your macbook. Leave the samples on the external HD. The first time you load them may take a little while, but after that should be quicker.

I don't think there would a problem with having SI's in two locations, as they'll still 'call from' the same set of samples.

Alex.