Logic Express (academic) ---> Logic Pro upgrade????

cannone

Right... I mean, I guess if it doesn't work you can always call Apple and exchange the upgrade for a full version of Pro... although it might be a better idea to ask first.

I would call them and ask. But I think it's a gray area and even they won't be able to give you a straight answer. So you're left with the choice of either giving it a shot, or just simply buying the full version (it's not much more than $700 now).

Edited by David Nahmani

I'd like to know before I drop $700 for the upgrade......

If anyone wants to issue me a no-intrest loan.....

Thanks though.

dude who pays 700? go on ebay and get an academic pro for 250-300 or a full version for 400.

yea and then pray they ship you the dongle and not just the CD's... I had a customer who did just that, guy didn't give him the dongle, and thats really the only thing you are paying for... left him high and dry.

I'd like to know before I drop $700 for the upgrade......

If anyone wants to issue me a no-intrest loan.....

Thanks though.

dude who pays 700? go on ebay and get an academic pro for 250-300 or a full version for 400.

yea and then pray they ship you the dongle and not just the CD's... I had a customer who did just that, guy didn't give him the dongle, and thats really the only thing you are paying for... left him high and dry.

when using ebay always buy from someone with very high feedback. someone with 3,000 positive reviews isn't going to mess up their business over a logic dongle, you know? just whats always worked for me

It IS unclear. Even they don't know. The only thing you know is that if you buy academic, you don't know whether or not you'll be able to upgrade. Maybe you will, maybe you won't.

But if you look at the Final Cut Pro upgrades, you'll notice they are not available to Final Cut Pro Academic owners. That should tell you something.