Two ESX24 channels at once on one midi controler??

finnyvine

Hi, I use Logic pro to play live shows. At the moment i have 2 laptops with 2 seperate midi keyboards on stage because i want to use 2 different ESX24 channels (some with plugins on the channel strip) at once. I would obviously prefer to have just the one laptop set up and have the 2 instruments assigned to different halves of the same midi keyboard , Is there a way of splitting the ESX24 in two or enabling it to play two different instruments at once?.. and assigning it to different halves of the midi keyboard? Thanks

But what about the plugins on the channel? obviously i'll only want the relative plugins applied to the respective instruments. Can't split them!

Yes, you can. There's several ways to accomplish everything you want, but you need to tell us more. Do you need to record the MIDI that you're playing live, or are you just using it as an instrument host and playing back tracks?

No i don't need to record midi. Basically i guess i just need to play two ESX24 channels with plugins at once.. off one laptop, using one midi keyboard. I don't know how to select two channels at once! Let alone assign them to different parts of the same midi controller.

If you don't need to record MIDI then you have even more options! Besides the 2 already given, you could split the MIDI keys in Logic's environment and cable directly to the instrument channel strips. Or, you could set up 2 key zones on your controller that transmit on different MIDI channels, then use the instructions here: http://www.logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=32201 to have Logic respond properly. Which method you choose depends entirely on your own needs and equipment you're using.