Cycle Record - Not working?

Orions Quest

Hey all,

Newbie here with hopefully an easy solution to my question. Was recording vocals and decided to try the Cycle Record feature. I then went into Songs Setting/Recording, and checked off 'auto mute in cycle record' so I can take multiple vocal takes and see which one I liked.

However, when I do this, on playback it only seems to play the last recording IF I stop recording before the cycle ends...so before teh end of the bar (green line at the top of the screen). I am mystified. I've tried numerous times, even with midi instruments, and it still seems to play only the last take, and only if I stop recording before teh end of the cycle.

When you look at the created file in the arrange window, only the latest file has colour to it, while all the other files are greyed out. I'm stumped, I really need help on this. Any help to a Newbie aspiring to be more would be awesome.

Thanks!

Logic automatically mutes the "old" take as it creates a new track for the new take when it cycles. The Regions are grayed out because they are individually muted. To mute/unmute a Region, select it and press 'M' on your keyboard.

Oh and all the settings in the recording window (Auto Mute in cycle record, Auto create track in cycle record) are for MIDI or Instrument tracks only. Audio always behaves that way, independantly of these settings.