panning is not working

edurbrow

I recorded two mono guitar tracks but they do not sound hard left or right, even though they are panned. Somehow I have an Output track in the inspector instead of the Master. I wonder if this has anything to do with it. I can't figure out how to get rid of that output track. I don't know what purpose it serves. It doesn't show up in the arrange window. The Output and Master are both stereo and there are no Aux sends in the guitars.

TIA

I recorded two mono guitar tracks but they do not sound hard left or right, even though they are panned. Somehow I have an Output track in the inspector instead of the Master. I wonder if this has anything to do with it. I can't figure out how to get rid of that output track. I don't know what purpose it serves. It doesn't show up in the arrange window. The Output and Master are both stereo and there are no Aux sends in the guitars.

TIA

If you recorded one guitar part onto two separate mono tracks, then you are stuck with MONO.

If you recorded two separate guitar parts on two separate mono tracks, you can then have stereo.

The Output Channel strip typically shows up as the destination track/channel in the inspector unless you specify something else.

413135006_Picture2.gif.955423a94c5ad7db97467d3ff4316465.gif

Well, I must have wandered into an alternative universe last night. When I opened the file today, the imaging was in place. I checked the mp3 mix I made last night, which sounded in mono to me last night, and it too had the correct imaging! Maybe my brain has a mono plugin that inadvertently got turned on.

Thank you

Too strange. It went back to something approaching mono again. The two guitar tracks are supposed to be panned hard left and right.

Could it have anything to do with soloing? I think Logic does not solo in place. But after I turn soloing off, the imaging is still off. When I solo the two guitar tracks, they definitely do not sound panned centered, but they aren't panned hard right and left either. Remove solo and they seem to be in the same place. I'm stumped.

Anyone ever get anything like this?

Thanks again, in advance.