click Logic button3 in environment from midi keybrd button?

logician

I have set up my Keystation Pro 88 keyboard so that one of the buttons below the faders sends CC 44 with a value of 127 when pressed.

In the environment, I created a new Monitor and a new button3.

I cabled the keyboard to the monitor, then the monitor to the button3.

I selected input: control, channel 1, CC=44 and have tried different ranges and also different values for the filter.

Even thought I can see the CC 44 events on the monitor, which means the button3 should be getting them, they are not causing the button3 to click (or at least show any indication that it has been clicked.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

David - here are two songs in a zip file.

The piano piece.iso has a button3 added to the clicks and ports layer where I was trying to just get that working without any other interactions.

The ULtrabeat hyper editor.iso - has the set of environment objects I was experimenting with for the RME Fireface mixer. Some are on the audio layer and some are on the clicks and ports layer.

The audio environment is set for the left monitor of a dual screen display, if that matters.

Thanks!

twoSongs.zip

David - yes, what you added fixed it!

Now, I'll just have to figure out why it was necessary to add two transformers with the (seems like) strange cabling. It looks to me like both transformers outputs go to the monitor, and one of the transformers outputs goes to the other transformer.

I think it looks like you generated a 0 msg in addition to the 127 msg that was getting sent.

So, if I could change the Keystation's button so that it sent a 0 then 127 value each time it was pressed, the two transformers would not be needed?

Is that close to being correct?

Thanks!