ESX24 Volume Controls

bigdaveo11

I was wondering if anyone could explain to me the "level" meter in the esx24 next to the volume knob and how to alter these settings while also using the channel fader to control volume levels.

Also with envelope 2 (which i assume is the amp envelope) I have been getting some strange results with my samples. What are the typical amp envelope settings for kick drums, I have my attack, decay and release at 0 and my sustain at full?

That's level via velocity, so the top level is the gain applied a 127 velocity note, and the bottom level is the gain applied to notes with velocity of 1. With this, you control the volume dynamics, As a simple example, if you had a 1 velocity layer instrument, you might want a wide range of level via velocity, whereas if you've made an instrument with 100 velocity layers of quiet-to-loud samples, you might want to push both sliders right to the top, as the samples themselves will contain enough volume dynamics.

Your kick drum ADSR settings sound correct, in what way do the samples sound strange? Are they set to one-shot in the editor? Is "Pitch" checked in the editor?

Edited by Rev. Juda$ Sleaze