U Just Don't Understand-CDs/Artist U Like that Other's Don't

al

Hi Everyone,

I’d be interested to hear what artist or CD you love to listen to, but others in your circle just don’t get—those ones that make people go, “OK, whatever floats your boat.”

In my case, I can think of two disparate recordings that I love to listen to, but make my wife talk to me in soothing tones and put the mental health centre on speed dial. :)

-Ugly Kid Joe-Menace to Sobriety—maximum volume, yeah! Even my rock friends are luke-warm about this one.

-Best of Georges Moustaki—hey, I’m Canadian, and this one makes me feel the sun on my face and hot sand between my toes!

Remember, confession is good for the soul. :)

Bye for now,

Britney Spears, Avril Lavigne N'SYNC, Justin Timberlake... they all have the occasional song that I really, really get into. None of my rocker buddies, jazz buff acquaintances or even my Opera-loving father seem to get it. When they realize I'm not joking, their face morphs to display deep, utter disapointment.

Oh well. Oops, I did it again!

Britney Spears, Avril Lavigne N'SYNC, Justin Timberlake... they all have the occasional song that I really, really get into. None of my rocker buddies, jazz buff acquaintances or even my Opera-loving father seem to get it. When they realize I'm not joking, their face morphs to display deep, utter disapointment.

Oh well. Oops, I did it again!

It is interesting that you mention Britney personally I can't stand her, but on TV here in England that played a mix that was one of her big hits that was just the instrumental and it sounded like a great dance/electronica track.

When she is on the tracks they sound like they over produce it and thats a sound that I hate too..

Oh well it is just me I guess........

Hopefully I sort of make sense to you aswell...

Simon

Wow! David ...thanks!

i LOVE and have ALWAYS LOVED louis armstrong my dad used to play his (good)LPs when i was a kid while my mom was kind of more into him with Carol Channing (ie Hello Dolly w/ banjos and straw hats etc.) of course since then i collected tons of him on every media vinyl/CDs tapes everything from novelty duets with billie holiday, bing crosby, jive reefer tunes, his country LP, Disney songs but NO i never ever heard this track.

Wait... is this a hoax? this sounds like it might be FAKE like Tom Waits or somebody especially after the back up vocal comes in with that hammy falsetto "Louis Armstrong! Louis Armstrong!" and the stuff about the Lindbergh baby then the scatting out on the tag.

Anyway whether it's genuine or not it's fun listening and i'm inspired to dig out some of my old vinyl by him and see what i can find.