Issues/Questions with Tap Tempo

roofuss

I am trying to use the tap tempo function.

Basically my problem is that when I tap along to the song the song jumps about, obviously because I am changing the tempo. So this makes it very hard to accurately tap the tempo. I have tried with different tempo response values and 2,4,6 and max tempo changes of 2bpm to 4 bpm. But it doesnt seem to help, I am guessing because the region is relative to the tempo ruler.

Is there some way of making the region/track 'absolute' so it doesnt change with every tap I make?

Or have i got the wrong approach on tap tempo?

Cheers,

R

What is your goal? To find the tempo of the loaded song?

If that's the case, you should be using the beat mapping function instead. You could map it manually or record midi notes in a track and use the beats from region button.

The Tap tempo function is good if you want to set a tempo before you start recording something:

tap the tempo of my song into logic

J.

Hi Jordito,

I wanted to use the tap tempo to get a rough idea of the tempo of the loaded song then use the beat map function. I've been using the beat map function with quite a lot of success.

I realise now that starting straight with the beat map function is probably best here.

Even still, any idea how i can stop the loaded song jumping around when i'm using the tap tempo, or is that something that's not possible?

Thanks for your reply

Even still, any idea how i can stop the loaded song jumping around when i'm using the tap tempo, or is that something that's not possible?

Thanks for your reply

Did you read the link about tapping the tempo I posted in my previous post?

The project can't be playing back for it to work right.

There are other ways to detect the tempo. For example, the BPM Conter plug-in found in "Metering". There's also the detect tempo function available in the Arrange Audio menu.

J.