any ideas why audio won't export to QT?

jimmymio

i had been working in 64 bit but switched to 32 to use the "export audio to movie". The original dialogue and sound fx exported but none of the music I had composed. After several hours and dozens of attempts I gave up and made a bounce of my composition. Then I purchased QT pro and was able to import the bounce that way. But I had to readjust levels and all my automation was off a smidge.

Any ideas why I couldn't bounce the audio within Logic?

There's not much to it, really.

I know that's why it's so confusing. I import the movie. It includes dialog and FX. I write the music and it all plays back nicely in Logic. But when i "export audio to movie" - I get a QT movie with video, dialog, FX but no music.

I experimented with the settings but i started out with the default settings:

Linear PCM,

Stereo L/R,

44.1k,

normal quality

32 bits

and I left the "little endian" and "floating point" box checked.

The default values are wrong (by default LOL!) but it doesn't matter, because when you export to QT the audio file is going to end up being 16 bits anyway (even if your tracks are at 24 bits). Sigh.

Second, the sample rate for film and TV is 48K, so you might want to watch that...

Now... why it's not exporting? The only thing I can think of is that you're not routing your mix out of the Stereo Output (Output 1/2).

You're welcome a million! :D

Check this out... now, I haven't tried this myself, but it might be just the ticket...

It's a theory...

When it comes to exporting audio to a QT movie I believe that Logic expects the audio to be outputting from Stereo Output (Out 1/2). However, it could be different from that; it might be that Logic will export audio to a movie based on the setting of the Stereo I/O parameter, as seen in the pic below (Audio Prefs). So here's my suggestion... change this to Output 5/6 and try exporting your audio to the movie. If that works, there's your answer! :D (I'd test this myself but I'm in the middle of a project). Please post back if indeed this works for you.

Regards,

Ski

247712890_Screenshot2011-11-13at8_59_08PM.png.33bd51cf0b2d0b75f0ea1255a8f88a5a.png

You're welcome a million! :D

Check this out... now, I haven't tried this myself, but it might be just the ticket...

It's a theory...

When it comes to exporting audio to a QT movie I believe that Logic expects the audio to be outputting from Stereo Output (Out 1/2). However, it could be different from that; it might be that Logic will export audio to a movie based on the setting of the Stereo I/O parameter, as seen in the pic below (Audio Prefs). So here's my suggestion... change this to Output 5/6 and try exporting your audio to the movie. If that works, there's your answer! :D (I'd test this myself but I'm in the middle of a project). Please post back if indeed this works for you.

Regards,

Ski

Thanks Ski but i already have this set to out 5-6