Apogee Duet 2 vs Duet 1

I need to know if the Quality in PreAmp of the Duet(silver) has changed with the Duet2? Thanks

From their site;

Better sound quality.

A difference you will hear.

Using the very latest technology and drawing upon the experience of developing Apogee’s new flagship audio interface, Symphony I/O, Apogee engineers rebuilt Duet to achieve a difference you can hear.

From the mic preamps to the AD/DA converters, Duet 2 offers the best of everything Apogee, allowing you to capture your audio with even more clarity and dimension than the original Duet. This is professional sound quality you can take anywhere.

Smooth, detailed world-class mic preamps

The Duet 2 mic preamps feature a new design, all new components and seamless click-free transitions as the gain increases and decreases throughout the incredible range of 0-75dB. This unprecedented feature allows you to dial in the perfect level while delivering ultra-low noise and smooth, crisp detail. Most importantly, the Duet 2 mic preamps are optimized for any sound source, so no matter what you are recording you’ll capture every detail.

Pristine, next generation AD/DA converters

Much like the mic preamps, the Duet 2 AD/DA converters are an all-new design and deliver the purest recordings and best listening experience possible. This totally new design takes the personal studio to the next level with state-of-the-art components and next-generation conversion.

Can anyone tell us - experientially - what it is to work the Duet2 in a multi USB Device set-up.

I have the first gen Duet and it has been a great citizen in my rig. It uses firewire 400 though. It plays nice... don't even know it's there.

I can't say the same for USB. Each device works individually. But together?.... not so much.

(OK I admit it, I am pushing for industry adoption of full duplex USB 3. Guys... hurry up will ya! And lotsa' busses and ports and stuff.. :) )

lol, Im kind of afraid they are lying. LOL

I have heard people say Duet Mk1 is thin, and tiny..... I have also head people say it's as good as the ENSEMBLE PRES... which one is it?! lolol

The original Duet "this and tinny"???? THat is exactly the opposite of how I would describe the sound. If anything, it is a a little euphonically sweet and full-bodied. I have no idea how the Duet 2 sounds in comparison, but I wouldn't take anyone's opinion too seriously that thinks the Duet 1 is tinny sounding.