KRK Rokits. Ridicolous Noise Issues

Hey guys,

I purchased a pair of KRK Rokit 8 GP2's a couple days ago. Have been working great so far.. Until earlier today.

Out of nowhere my Monitors decide to make this relentless annoying static noise.

However, for some reason, my KRK only makes this annoying loud hissing/white noise sound only when it plays audio. Did what everyone would've done, turn off, unplug, plug it back in.

Whenever I open Itunes, open Logic Pro. This loud noise just appears. I quit the respective programs, wait about a minute and the noise stops. This even happens when I play audio off Youtube..... Anything else with no Audio, my monitors are totally quiet.

I hooked the Monitors up to my Decks and gave it a run to see if it was an issue with the speakers itself, but it worked totally fine. I plugged my Ipod into my Monitors, no problem. Only when I play Audio off my Macbook Pro will this sound ever occur.

I know this comes alot quite often with the KRK's making hum/buzz/static noises. Usually all can be fixed with switching from imbalanced to balanced TRS, or XLR cables, and i've heard grounding it works too. But, the problem only seems to stem from my Mac.

I'm using a Stereo 1/8" to RCA. Straight from the headphone jack of the Macbook into the Unbalanced RCA inputs.

I'm using a Macbook Pro

Intel Core i7

2.2Ghz Processing Speed.

Any help would be great. I'm stumped.

EDIT: Could it be a soundcard problem?

I hooked the Monitors up to my Decks and gave it a run to see if it was an issue with the speakers itself, but it worked totally fine. I plugged my Ipod into my Monitors, no problem. Only when I play Audio off my Macbook Pro will this sound ever occur.

From this experience, basic troubleshooting logic should tell you very clearly that this problem is NOT the KRK monitors' fault.

A built-in laptop sound card is going to be prone to noise, though under normal circumstances it shouldn't be very loud compared to the audio coming out of the computer.

The noise stops after a while because the laptop's audio output is being turned off. It's a power-saving measure: after a certain amount of time with no sound, the computer turns off its sound card (ending the noise).

Try turning down the monitors and turning up the laptop volume.

From this experience, basic troubleshooting logic should tell you very clearly that this problem is NOT the KRK monitors' fault.

A built-in laptop sound card is going to be prone to noise, though under normal circumstances it shouldn't be very loud compared to the audio coming out of the computer.

The noise stops after a while because the laptop's audio output is being turned off. It's a power-saving measure: after a certain amount of time with no sound, the computer turns off its sound card (ending the noise).

Try turning down the monitors and turning up the laptop volume.

I know it the problem comes from my Macbook and not the Monitors.

The noise coming out of the monitors is louder than the audio, unless I turn the volume way up.

The noise is not anywhere nearly subtle enough for it to not be a problem.

I have used my buddy's KRK Rokits before. Same monitors. Same computer. Everything worked fine. No noise issues.

Just today, I turned on my computer and the speakers. They worked perfectly fine for about the first hour. Then the noise just popped out of nowhere. Again, only when I play audio then this noise happens.

Why is this happening....is my Macbook s#!+ing the bed?