List of samples in Pro/Studio

jabraham

I can't find a list of the "More than 1700 sampled instruments" included in Logic Pro/Studio. I'm happy with Logic Express for the most part but don't have enough samples. For instance, I have no tuba sample as far as I can tell. (I have about a thousand bass guitars tho, apparently the tuba isn't as popular as the bass guitar.)

Rather than spending $$$$ for third party samples, maybe I could just upgrade to Pro/Studio?

Can someone post/send a list? Particular interested in horn/wind sounds (sax, trombone, trumpet, tuba, french horn, oboe, etc...)

--

John

Or make friends with the tuba player. They aren't all that bad. :D

....Sure. I was generalising - The ones I was interested in are mostly bad, or should I say very disappointing.

Is the Tuba in EXS24?

[RR goes off to find and try the Tuba with his EWI]

Hey! Your impro called "Peace" is rather beautiful :D

Here's the woodwinds and brass in Logic 8, I don't think anything new has been added in Logic 9.

They're not terrible samples, with the exception of the trumpets perhaps, which I find disgusting. The trombone section is pretty yucky too. One of the main problems is the lack of articulations. You just get legato and staccato. The tuba is one of the better ones IMO.

There are also alto, tenor and barritone saxophones.

Brass.jpg.3aa7fc5a7ec75cf69aeddb0d918f69eb.jpg

Woodwind.jpg.fd8752590e7c39bf69b37de2157efbe3.jpg

Also, if you're looking for cheap brass, I think it's worth checking out Sampletekk's Big Orchestral Brass for EXS24 (that is included in Logic Express, right?).

These are ancient, 16bit samples, but I'm actually pretty happy with them, with the right ambience they can sound very realistic, more so than you'd guess from the demos. The main reason I'm recommending them is because there's 50% off now in Sampletekk's winter sale, so you can pick it up for under $50.

http://www.sampletekk.com/proddetail.php?prod=STDELIVER-018-FORMAT

To add to what you already have, there are free brass (and other) samples here (from University of Iowa Electronic Music Studios)

(Spotted on this thread, courtesy of the Reverend)

Indeed, and they are pretty good, but some smaples are now missing, and they will take a bit of work, cutting up the samples and creating EXS instruments.

Here's the woodwinds and brass in Logic 8, I don't think anything new has been added in Logic 9.

Thanks!

They're not terrible samples, with the exception of the trumpets perhaps, which I find disgusting. The trombone section is pretty yucky too.

There are also alto, tenor and barritone saxophones.

I bought the "Kontakt Brass and Sax" library which was cheap and covers trumpet/trombone/sax pretty well.

Thanks everyone else too! Gonna try to download some of the other options.

--

John