Free Pro Audio Storage Cloud - 25GB Inc + SoundCloud compat

Hey,

I downloaded a new Cloud service for Producers / anyone working with music.

You get 25GB for free straight away.

It syncs up with your Harddrive and automatically updates files for Logic // Ableton // Cubase // ProTools // etc.

It also syncs up with SoundCloud and is pretty useful for sending your music files quickly too.

The serivce is called Gobbler, and is ridiculously worth it for anyone on this forum, I would say.

Check it out - http://www.gobbler.com/i/Y3ky3F - and let me know what you think!

(Interested to hear what some professional producers/engineers think too!)

Sites like this have come and gone, but maybe these guys'll make it. Free 25 gig sounds good, but hard to say how long that deal will last.

Generally speaking, pros have their own site with FTP, so services like this are redundant. I only pay about 6USD a month for virtually unlimited storage and bandwidth and that includes hosting my websites too. Tough to compete with that.

Hey,

I downloaded a new Cloud service for Producers / anyone working with music.

You get 25GB for free straight away.

It syncs up with your Harddrive and automatically updates files for Logic // Ableton // Cubase // ProTools // etc.

It also syncs up with SoundCloud and is pretty useful for sending your music files quickly too.

The serivce is called Gobbler, and is ridiculously worth it for anyone on this forum, I would say.

Check it out - http://www.gobbler.com/i/Y3ky3F - and let me know what you think!

No thanks.

Gobbler is great for these reasons.

1. It scans your hard drives and detects sessions, cataloging everything in one easy to find place.

2. It can backup automatically and stops when you have a DAW active.

3. The most impressive feature, when transferring files between two or more people it only updates the changes implemented by the other person. I have done numerous collaborations that wouldn't have been possible if it weren't for gobbler. Session files can get huge so sending them back and forth can be a pretty big hassle, with gobbler you don't need to worry about this.

4. It's a great way (and currently free) to send large files to Artists.

I'm currently involved in a collaboration with a bunch of other people, it's been pretty simple using gobbler to send everything back and forth. Worth checking out.

Edited by karp47

Hi Fellow Logic Peeps!

I'm Andrew, the community manager at Gobbler. Saw the awesome convo going on in here so I'm jumping in.

We are getting down to the wire with 7 days left to get your free 1-year 25GB accounts.

We have a super active community at http://community.gobbler.com where you can post your ideas, feedback (good & bad) & bug reports, so please let us know if Gobbler is/is not working out for you.

All the best,

Andrew

I think no. 3 of karp47's list is the feature that makes gobbler stand out from other options (i.e. ftp).

It's free, so worth a try :)

Exactly

When you're collaborating you don't want to be uploading and downloading a 5gb session every time you need to pass it on.

In my eyes this makes gobbler an invaluable tool for music creation and collaboration.