Best MIDI controller

I bought an Akai MPK88 controller & when I got home I realized that the staff at Guitar Center do not always know what they are talking about. It is possible to use it as a controller but it does not auto map with the software. I recently found out that Novation does make a controller that auto maps with Logic. I am considering buying the SL MK II and just connect the MPK88 to that. Is this a wasteful approach?

I was going to get the MPK also. I had mixed feedback wether it maps or not...I researched and could not find anything about it automapping with logic.

So....

I got the Remote SL MKII 61 keyboard and yes it FULLY automaps with Logic 9

Drum pads are rubbish...but everything else is fine.

What you want to do doesnt sound wasteful. I dont think you can have too much gear can you..? lol

• 5 months later...

I picked up the MPK88, and although I had to do some manual mapping to get the transport, tap tempo, faders, and pots assigned, it took me 15 minutes. Then I added some custom ones like Loop Cycle, Sync, Low Latency Mode, Metronome, Save, etc, to the S1-8 buttons underneath the faders. Best part is, I didn't have to touch the Environment! Then just saved it as a Project Template so I never have to do it again.

The feel and functionality of this keyboard makes the 20-30 minutes of initial mapping well worth it.