Audio Pops then completely drops out...LP 9.1.5

DEMusic

I'm having a problem in LP 9.1.5 that seems to be happening more and more often to me, and it does seem to only involve 3rd party plugins..

Basically what happens is, it seems like a channel will overload heavily, and hit some sort of hidden internal limiter in Logic, after which all audio is dead and I have to restart the core audio driver to be able to run the session again. What's odd is this is not an overload issue, as far as I can tell, because I have the "Display Audio Overload" option checked in preferences, and it's not popping up.

To be specific, it sounds like a very harsh pop/click through my speakers (even though I have my gain staging well setup, and limiters on both the channel and master), and then all audio is gone. I can press play and run the session but there's literally no audio. And it seems oddly level related- I've had this problem both with 3rd party synths, when editing and selecting multiple notes in the piano roll (so you get many notes playing at once- loud) and also with DMG Audio Compassion (compressor), when I overload the soft limiter accidentally, or auto gain goes too loud.

This seems to happen with a number of third party plugins- the particular session I'm running right now is using True Pianos, but again it seems to be a gain or volume issue, even though I have a very low mix level in logic and limiters where they are needed. I also don't actually know for sure it's only a 3rd party thing...I rarely use Logic plugs so that may be why it seems only 3rd party.

It also happens with DMG Audio Compassion, as I said normally when the autogain is switched on so there's a burst of louder audio (although not anything level wise that should trigger something like this).

I asked Apogee and they have no idea, of course.. :roll: