Good options for MIDI drum packages

Hey All,

Looking for good MIDI banks for drums. I've looked at ToonTrack and a few others and they seem to cater to some 3rd party plugs but not others. I'm looking to add some drums using either ultrabeat or abbey roads modern drums. Any recommendations? Free would be nice but I'm willing to seek other avenues....

I can only speak to BFD 1.5 (haven't upgraded yet to 2.0) it's an amazing program, fooled a lot of people into thinking I tracked real drums - it's all about working the velocity setting per hit in the MIDI edit window.

SSD looks promising, and NI Drum packs looks amazing, and I believe they come w/Kontact 5 Player?

Anywho, even a few years ago when BFD first came out it blew me away, hook up to a V-Kit and you're really in business.

My vote is BFD 2.0

Ok I downloaded some stuff (really good btw) and now the question is how to map it? In groove monkee they have mappings for a ton of different programs but not Kontakt. Do they use GM? I know that EXS24 and Ultrabeat don't.

I believe that Kontact uses GM or iMAP. Groove Monkee has mappings for GM.