uninstall then resinstall... settings/presets folder

zepsun

Seems I have a few bugs with 9.1.5 (not going to upgrade to 9.1.6 yet..) that I want to try and see if a reinstall will fix. What do I have to delete? Do I need to copy my plugin settings (Amplitube/Superior Drummer) and channel strip settings to another folder and copy them back after the reinstall?

Normally, all your custom settings are saved under your account ({your home folder}/Library/Application Support/Logic/) which the installer does not modify. The installer will overwrite all factory settings (under Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Logic/), so make sure you don't have anything custom in that location before reinstalling.

FWIW I don't think a simple reinstall of the Logic app is going to change anything unless you've tinkered with the Logic.app package (for example trying to customize Logic's GUI). I think you should troubleshoot your issue another way or do a true reinstall, meaning backup, wipe out the drive, reinstall OS X, Logic and all your apps, which may obviously be quite time consuming depending on how many apps you have on that drive.