erased output 1-2 / master track ??

Spanley

I'm suddenly getting an "audio configuration damaged" message, and realized that somehow my output track has been erased. My arrange tracks immediately got reassigned to a bus 1, which I actually never created. In any case, it is possible to create a new output 1-2 / master track for my project? I can't find anything in the manual on this ...

Thanks - Spanley

That's the problem, there's no "stereo output" option available, when I click-hold on the output slot of channels in the mixer. Only "surround" is available.

When I try to create a new stereo output in the environment, I get an "unknown instrument type" message, and no new strip. Only an instrument

That's the problem, there's no "stereo output" option available, when I click-hold on the output slot of channels in the mixer. Only "surround" is available.

When I try to create a new stereo output in the environment, I get an "unknown instrument type" message, and no new strip. Only an instrument

OK first, go to Preferences > Audio and make sure there's an interface selected. For the sake of troubleshooting, you should actually choose 'Built-in Output" and "Built-in line input" for the output device and input device, respectively.

Next go to Settings > Audio and deselect "Automatic Management of Channel Strip Ojbects".

Now try to follow Scott's suggestion. If it still won't work, create a channel strip, anything, for example a software instrument channel strip, then select it and in the environment's inspector, set "Channel" to "Output Stereo > Output 1-2".

Okay, I really appreciate the help, but I'm not there yet. I was able to create a new output channel in the environment, but it will not allow me to create it in stereo. My only option in the "channel" section is output 1 or output 2, but not both. So the track gets created in mono. At the same time, when I try to create a new instrument track, and send it to an output track, again, my only options are mono or surround. For some reason, stereo out is no longer being made available.

Okay, I really appreciate the help, but I'm not there yet. I was able to create a new output channel in the environment, but it will not allow me to create it in stereo. My only option in the "channel" section is output 1 or output 2, but not both. So the track gets created in mono. At the same time, when I try to create a new instrument track, and send it to an output track, again, my only options are mono or surround. For some reason, stereo out is no longer being made available.

Under Preferences > Audio > Devices > Core Audio, select "Universal Track Mode".

Universal Track Mode was already enabled.

I can always just import everything into a fresh project, but it'd be nice to know what the heck happened, and why I can't just create a stereo output.

thanks much ...

When you click on the Channel parameter, make sure you go to bottom of the menu: you don't see a choice "Output Stereo" there?

07-008.png.35166ac6c1c530c8f94d192d43c09ff8.png

• 3 years later...

I got in the same situation after a cleanup. I solved it like this:

1. Created a completely new (empty) project, got the full mix

2. Located Output 1-2 in the new environment, clicked and dragged it right into the old environment.

3. A working copy appeared (and I can now add compressors etc.)