Peculiar Logic update issue.

Larry Mal

Hi all, I am on ISX 10.7.2. I have Logic 9.0.2 installed on the computer, but it won't open because it's too new of an OS. OK. The Apple software updater doesn't see Logic and doesn't update it.

So, I went to the Apple site and downloaded Logic 9.1.6 manually and opened it. It tells me that it can't find a copy of Logic in the Applications folder, but that's exactly where Logic 9.0.2 is.

Perversely, Waveburner 1.6.2 does open. I am starting to think my copy of Logic on this computer has gone corrupt. Just for the hell of it, I deleted the Logic preferences, that, not surprisingly, didn't change anything.

I'm stumped. I really don't want to have to reinstall the thing if I don't have to. Any thoughts?

Hi all, I am on ISX 10.7.2. I have Logic 9.0.2 installed on the computer, but it won't open because it's too new of an OS. OK. The Apple software updater doesn't see Logic and doesn't update it.

So, I went to the Apple site and downloaded Logic 9.1.6 manually and opened it. It tells me that it can't find a copy of Logic in the Applications folder, but that's exactly where Logic 9.0.2 is.

Perversely, Waveburner 1.6.2 does open. I am starting to think my copy of Logic on this computer has gone corrupt. Just for the hell of it, I deleted the Logic preferences, that, not surprisingly, didn't change anything.

I'm stumped. I really don't want to have to reinstall the thing if I don't have to. Any thoughts?

The updater is looking for an application named "Logic Pro".

You may need to correct the name.

Hey all! Thanks for the help. The name of the app is "Logic Pro 9.0.2". I never changed it that I can recall. Maybe I should drop the "9.0.2"?

As mentioned, it needs to be called, exactly, "Logic Pro" (or actually "Logic Pro.app" because all app bundles have a hidden extension.)

Rename it "Logic Pro" and the updater should work.

Edit: Ok, saw your response just after posting mine, you should be good now.