Assigning multiple parameters to one midi knob

Triga

Hey guys

How do I assign multiple parameters to the one midi knob on my midi controller, when i try assign more than one parameter to a single knob it just changes to the new parameter.

So what i want to do is control the cutoff of a synth & a parameter in my effects chain to move at the same time via the one knob. Is this possible ?

when i try assign more than one parameter to a single knob it just changes to the new parameter.

That's odd, if you assign the same knob to two parameters, you should end up getting a pop-up alert asking you if you want to keep both assignments. That's how you assign multiple parameters to a single knob, you assign them, and you choose to keep them when prompted.. I'm not sure why you're not getting the alert?

• 5 months later...
I am having the same problem. I want to control multiple parameters as well. I can get up to three parameters being controlled by one button but as soon as I go to the fourth parameter it does not allow me to set the fourth parameter. I get the "keep assignment" prompt and click yes...still I can only get up to three. Help please? I am very frustrated as I believe to be following your instruction to the tee and can only get three parameters automated. thank you

addendum : it's not that I just want to control four parameters. I want to control four parameters from one knob on four different units. i.e. effects processor, plug in synth, eq settings...ect. also wanted to know how you can invert the automation information the the knob puts out..like witch its polarity? hence, if I move the knob or slider for that matter... the fully open position yields the lowest value and inversely the fully closed position yields the highest value. As of now? I can only get a knob/slider to work in the "normal" polarity which is fully open = 100% value. fully closed = 0% value. thanks for your help with this "sticky" situation. I am going bonkers as another DAW that "everyone and there brother and sister are using, which I will not name because I am a logic die hard, maps out these functions with great ease. I do not want to have to shell out cash that I do not have in order to make the music I want to make. C'mon logic!!! please dont fail me now.

I can show you how to invert the parameter values; open your Controller Assignments window (set it to Expert View if needed), cmd-K: (...)

When you look at Erik's screenshot, keep in mind he's using a localized Logic version. For everyone using the English version of Logic, that value should be set to -1.00 and not -1,00 (which would be interpreted as -100 in English).

1918156114_Picture2.png.20c55c0386e60ed81bc121c803bb47d1.png