David's Multi-Instrument Template and Yellow Tools Culture..

taoyoyo

Hi...

I've been trying to get my head around the old multi-instrument conumdrum and downloaded David's template from the Templates Section, to try to see how it all works.

I managed to get EW Ra and GPO loaded up fine (8 instruments going to 8 stereo auxes) but when I tried Yellow Tools Culture as a Multi it shows up as only having 4 stereo output options (1/2 -7/8 ). In the Culture instrument it allows one to assign outputs all the way to 15/16 so I'm wondering if I'm missing something here... would the template behave differently because it's Culture and not an NI-based player?

Also, if I were to modify and import the instruments into my autoload would i need to change the aux channel numbers before importing... I already have multi-channel auxes setup for DFHS and Ultrabeat, plus am using auxes as buses and am concerned it's going to send all the numbering crazy.

Thanks in advance!

Alan

hmmmm... i have just created a multi-instance of Culture (not a multi-timbral one) in my autoload and i'm getting the same results. seems strange that Culture would have output options for 8 stereo outputs but only allow the usage of 4 in Logic.

apologies if it sounded like i was blaming david's template... was just curious as to if anyone else had had this same problem with Culture.

• 2 months later...

i did get around to e-mail support at yelow tools... the guy there said that the problem would be fixed in the new UB version (hopefully coming out soon).

I only have Culture, as a 'near-as-dammit' world percussion instrument was on my list but have been impressed with how it responds/plays. I hear people saying good things about Independence too but the UB upgrade drama that has gone along with it has been worrying... a case of a small company giving dates and not being able to meet them. sometimes (as in the case of tritone) it's best not to give dates and not upset people.

Hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...

thanks... i downloaded the player and culture instrument files yesterday.

have to say i'm impressed with independence (the player is exactly the same but for the disabled import samples option) so far and it now works with more than 2 multi-instances of culture.. if i had the cash right now i would be upgrading to the full version.