filter transformer issue

Minimoog

set up a simple transformer coming from a controller in the ports and click page of the environment.

It's set to "filter" notes below certain velocity,..(cutting down on the editing of gtr synth glitch) notes.

All notes are sounding as if the sustain pedal is being held down now.

any idea why?

thx

The transformer is filtering the Note-Off events below your specified velocity as well.

What is the controller you're using and what type of Note-Off event does it send? There are 3 common types depending on your gear:

1. Note-On velocity defaults to 0

2. Note-Off velocity defaults to 64

3. Note-Off with actual velocity sensing.

.I have no idea what msg my Roland GI-20 (gtr controller) is sending.

You could post a shot of the input monitor object after playing a few notes, then we could tell you.

Figured this out, for whatever reason. selecting

"apply operation and filter non-matching events"

allows this to work.

That makes sense, and is one way to do it! Depending on what else you need, that may be the simplest thing.

Theoretically it shouldn't matter what type of note off events your guitar controller outputs (chances are that it's the Note On with Velocity = 0 type, or, the Note Off with (release) Velocity = 64 type).

If you're trying to exclude notes within a particular velocity range, i.e., not have them get through Logic at all, you need to specify a velocity range such as "between 1 and 10". You must leave the value of "0" to pass through; otherwise Logic won't see Note Offs (of any type) and thus it will cause your sounds to hang. That's what you're hearing as infinite sustain -- the fact that notes are being triggered (with Note On messages with values ranging from 1 - 127) but never seeing the Note Off messages, whether they're Note On/vel=0 type or otherwise).

1863960137_Screenshot2012-01-04at3_49_33PM.png.beaaac601fbb3f6b0f3b2e3cee726177.png

Theoretically it shouldn't matter what type of note off events your guitar controller outputs (chances are that it's the Note On with Velocity = 0 type, or, the Note Off with (release) Velocity = 64 type).

Indeed Mr. ski-daddy-booyah is correct. There was an old Kurzweil axe, MIDIBoard I thnk, that actually did send Note-On 0's if you moved the key down slowly enough. But I don't think anything modern does this.

And ski, as for those insanely expensive audiophile USB cables you're using... Be sure not to coil the excess too tightly. Those electrons can get dizzy and that'll smear your transients.

ski!

that did it,...thanks!!!

:D :D :D

And ski, as for those insanely expensive audiophile USB cables you're using... Be sure not to coil the excess too tightly. Those electrons can get dizzy and that'll smear your transients.

Coiled? Not on your life! Next time you come over you'll be amazed when you hear the difference. Fair warning, though... if you tell me it's because I added several tall houseplants at the back of the studio I'll stick my fingers in my ears and go "nyah nyah I can't hear you I can't hear you".

:mrgreen: