CME UF8 not connecting to Mac OS X Lion?

Hi, I am wondering if anyone can help me?

I am running Logic Pro 9 on my new MacBook Pro

Trying to get my CME UF8 working with logic.

I have downloaded the last mac intel driver for UF8 series.

But when I go into logic, it wont find my keyboard.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

David

But when I go into logic, it wont find my keyboard.

Have you checked to see if you Operating System recognizes the keyboard first? if it does, Logic will too.

Go to the MIDI Window in the Audio MIDI Setup Utility (Applications/Utilities). There should be an icon there representing the UF8 if the driver was installed properly. If everything's OK, it should also be active.

J.

Oh ok, I thought it might be an issue with logic not finding it.

Thanks for your help

If it does not show up in AMS that means your computer system (OS X) is not seeing it. Therefore neither Logic nor any of the software used in OS X will see it. You need to troubleshoot connecting the CME with OS X, and once you're successful at that chances are Logic will automatically communicate with it.

Please let us know how you progress with this issue as I'm sure there are others in the same situation who would love to hear the outcome of your troubleshooting.

It seems from the various posts I found from googling this issue.. that unfortunately, there are no drivers that are compatible with Lion, for the UF8.

It seems that CME have pronounced it as a Legacy product and that it is "no longer supported' and 'discontinued' and so have no intentions of updating the drivers for it any longer.

There are even issues with the newer UF80 and no driver support for Lion..... but there is a workaround for that issue. However, the workaround does not apply/work with the UF8

Sorry.. wish I had better news........

• 1 month later...
CME's support is non existent, literally. All the mail adresses are broken and the forum is down for almost 2 years now. I also bought an UF8 and I regret it to this day, since I've tried to make it work on OSX for about a year now. It's best to sell it to a windows user asap and remember kids: Stay AWAY from CME!

• 10 months later...
It seems from the various posts I found from googling this issue.. that unfortunately, there are no drivers that are compatible with Lion, for the UF8.

A bit late but nevertheless, I'm running the "latest" CME driver together with Mountain Lion. However, I need to start up the computer with the UF8 turned on and whatever you do, don't turn it off, then you'll need to restart the computer.

• 9 months later...
  • 10 months later...

PROBLEM SOLVED: You need one of these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/310598556289?limghlpsr=true&hlpv=2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true&lpid=108&device=c&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0-L&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=108&ff19=0

I paid about a 2/3 of that, still worth it though. Various other places are charging 3 times the price of the one in the link.

Note: on some "Synth Lead" sounds only one note can be played at a time, maybe that's just something to do with Logic and not the setup.

That right there is one of the worst MIDI interfaces money can buy.

Note: on some "Synth Lead" sounds only one note can be played at a time, maybe that's just something to do with Logic and not the setup.

Nope, most likely due to the crappy interface. We've seen that kind of problems with these things way too many times.

J.

That right there is one of the worst MIDI interfaces money can buy.

If you want your keyboard to function as a note input interface then it does the job, the touch sensitivity/velocity information is still sent across to Logic as well.

Nope, most likely due to the crappy interface. We've seen that kind of problems with these things way too many times.

Regarding the one note at a time thing, it actually is to do with a certain handful of Logic's sounds, not the analogue-to-MIDI cable. All the sliders only control volume, however. I wouldn't know whether a more expensive analogue-to-MIDI converter would allow for that

Having read other people's answers I was under the impression I needed a £100 - £200 piece of equipment (my UF8 cost £200!) and that even then it might not work. This works, it's a small fraction of the price.

If you want your keyboard to function as a note input interface then it does the job, the touch sensitivity/velocity information is still sent across to Logic as well.

Yeah, but for how long? We have seen it (the problems) way too many times with that MIDI interface to not take notice.

not the analogue-to-MIDI cable

What do you mean by "analogue-to-MIDI cable"? Your link shows a cheap USB-MIDI interface.

Having read other people's answers I was under the impression I needed a £100 - £200 piece of equipment (my UF8 cost £200!) and that even then it might not work. This works, it's a small fraction of the price.

There are good quality USB-MIDI interfaces that do no cost a fortune...such as Roland's UM-ONE mkII.

J.