Afer the Master is done?

Hi everybody :) i hope you are having a lovely summer!

Anyways, today I got the mastered version back of my song. It's DONE!!!

But now that the song is back I have some questions.

1) I want to distribute my song to iTunes and other digital stores. I've read about a company called Tunecore and they seem pretty good. What do you think? Any better ideas?

2) The mastered version I got back is a .wav file. Now if I were to upload this to iTunes doesn't it have to be .mp3. Am I right? If I'm right, how do you think I should change it from .wav to .mp3 without loosing in quality. I have Logic ver. 9.

3) When I've distributed the song, I want to play it on radios (not to brag or something like that but the song is radio-good). I've read some websites (talked to some people) about how to get it played but no one has really given me the right answer. If I want my song to be played, do I only send a youtube/itunes link to the radiochannels e-mail and tell them to play it, or do I have to register the song anywhere special...

It might sound like I don't know anything, but I do. The only things I'm uncertain about are these three questions. But please, if you know the answers to my questions, please just give me a little of your precious time and answer them and help a fellow musician :)

Have a nice day.

Thank you so much :)

2) The mastered version I got back is a .wav file. Now if I were to upload this to iTunes doesn't it have to be .mp3. Am I right? If I'm right, how do you think I should change it from .wav to .mp3 without loosing in quality. I have Logic ver. 9.

It's simply not possible to encode a .wav as .mp3 without losing quality.

You might find this useful: http://www.apple.com/itunes/mastered-for-itunes/

Can't help you with your other questions I'm afraid, I've never had radio stations knocking on my door for air-time :cry: :lol:

What sort of radio stations do you mean, national ones? Most stations including local stations have playlists built up from a number of different factors. If you are un heard of, even if your song is amazing, you are not going to be able to just send it to them and tell them to play it. They probably won't even listen to it. Some stations base their play lists based on sales figures, online and offline, but there are too many deciding factors to list.

Sometimes it is just luck that maybe the dj from one of the shows likes your stuff or it's gone viral on YouTube or something. I know stations work a little differently in America compared to the UK, but they all have one thing in comon that they're notoriously difficult for an unknown artist to get on air.

Ever seen Waynes world where they send their song to stations and they won't play it because it was unsolicited, that's basically the crux of it. I'm not trying to be negative it's just if we all new how exactly to get on air we would of done already and would all be famous.

"...It might sound like I don't know anything, but I do. "

Classic.

ha.. indeed...

Sending a youtube / itunes link to a radio station would be taking the mick a bit... YOU want them to play your stuff, don't expect them to buy it! Also, (this will depend on the station somewhat ) your generally wasting your time sending stuff into the DJ, it's the shows producer that's pulling most of the string's and making show based decisions....

You haven't given any description on genre etc so it's hard to really say much advice wise...

When I've distributed the song, I want to play it on radios

a lot of the time radios will want a track before it's been distributed to the public.

but no one has really given me the right answer

If the 'right answer' is one that basically read's " email tytyty tell him you want radio play done " then your never going to get it.... One answer is to make something that's amazing get loads of people backing you and go from there.... another is to get a boat load of cash a half decent track and some good PR companies...