Retrieving Deleted Audio Files.

Danthepan20

Hi, Fist time posting here and I'm in quite a pickle!

Basically yesterday on a session I recorded some audio, clicked save once I had all the tracks I needed. As my template was already made and it was a Live recording so time was short I deleted the audio, clicked "save as" and titled the Project as a different song then recorded new audio for a second song.

This morning I open up the original song and all audio is missing. I have never done it this way before, and i know i should have new folders for every song, but right now i just need to find my files. The biggest problem is that it was a live recording of a 75 piece choir and pipe organ and I will probably have my head cut off if i don't deliver these tracks.

I am using - Macbook pro 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo ,OSX version 10.6.8 and Logic 9. Everything was recorded on to its internal Drive. Any Help would be much appreciated!

Cheers

Basically yesterday on a session I recorded some audio, clicked save once I had all the tracks I needed. As my template was already made and it was a Live recording so time was short I deleted the audio, clicked "save as" and titled the Project as a different song then recorded new audio for a second song.

You Deleted the Audio Files from your HD? Or did you just Delete their Regions from your Project? If you only Deleted the Regions then you will find your Audio Files in the Audio Files Folder in your Project Folder.

If you Deleted the Audio Files from your HD, did you empty the Trash yet? If not, you will find them there.

If you Deleted the Audio Files and Emptied the Trash and you don't have a back-up like Time Machine then I'm afraid you're screwed. If you hadn't written any new data to your HD (the new song) you might have been able to use a recovery program to retrieve your files but chances are you've already written over them.

Why didn't you just start a fresh new project from your Template for the new song?

You Deleted the Audio Files from your HD? Or did you just Delete their Regions from your Project? If you only Deleted the Regions then you will find your Audio Files in the Audio Files Folder in your Project Folder.

If you Deleted the Audio Files from your HD, did you empty the Trash yet? If not, you will find them there.

If you Deleted the Audio Files and Emptied the Trash and you don't have a back-up like Time Machine then I'm afraid you're screwed. If you hadn't written any new data to your HD (the new song) you might have been able to use a recovery program to retrieve your files but chances are you've already written over them.

Why didn't you just start a fresh new project from your Template for the new song?

That is great! I found them........They were in my trash.I didn't even think of looking there!

Thanks you!