Mainstage 2 & Boss FV-500H Pedal [SOLVED]

kevinlynchnj

1685194442_photo2-1.thumb.JPG.8bf99fc23ff16171e5dafb8a64bae3c5.JPG

M-Audio Fast Track (FRONT)

778990015_photo1-1.thumb.JPG.9f56783f268b19dafd10d8ed8c78d8a1.JPG

M-Audio Fast Track (BACK)

Hello all,

I saw a similar post on here about this but it didn't solve or help my problem. Here is what hardware etc.. I have, then I'll explain my issue:

- MacBook Pro, OS X 10.7.4

- MainStage 2.2.2

- Yamaha Motif XS 8

- M-Audio Fast Track Pro (4x4 USB Audio/MIDI Interface with Preamps)

- BOSS FV-500H Expression Pedal [Has Input, Output & Exp. 1/4inch jacks on the back]

- M-Audio 1x1 MIDI USB cable

My problem:

I am trying to use the BOSS Exp. Pedal as a volume pedal with Mainstage. I plug the 1/4 inch wire from the "Output" of the BOSS into the "Assignable Foot Switch" jack on the back of the Motif. I go into Mainstage under the "Layout" tab and assign the pedal to the "Output" slider in Mainstage... however, it assigns it as an alternating value and it's either full volume, or no volume, it doesn't read the transition from the pedal being down to the pedal being up. I've tried a lot of different things and can't figure out how to make this work. Just so you have all the information I have. Check out the photos of all the jacks and stuff. Not sure what the best set up is for this. I don't know how to get this to be assigned as a volume control pedal.

Thanks!

1697820922_photo3-1.thumb.JPG.3b5ca2d9d7808192d754190f4ebddefc.JPG

Yamaha Motif (BACK 1)

1743710085_photo4.thumb.JPG.6ae6ab5da04e04108f7e26d7650197a4.JPG

Yamaha Motif (BACK 2)

1857169478_photo5.thumb.JPG.e9ee5dde4a16ae9f6ec81aa3cd82f98c.JPG

BOSS Exp. Pedal (BACK)

Edited by kevinlynchnj

Oh... Try "expression" instead of volume. CC #11 instead of #7, and control at channel strips instead of the masters. Way more flexible. Filter sweeps, there are tons of parameters that you can do cool things to/with a foot pedal, no need to just lock yourself into just volume control (though most of the examples shipped with MainStage use expression to control individual channel,strip "volumes"

Good luck!

Okay Thanks!

New problem... I plugged the BOSS into the Motif Foot Controller jack but MainStage isn't picking it up with the MIDI. I don't know why it's not reading. I actually have a foot switch in one of those jacks too just to see if it's the pedal and it's not. I'm not sure if the Foot Controller on the Motif uses MIDI? I don't know what to do. The only thing that MainStage is picking up is the sustain pedal and the assignable foot switch jacks. I don't know what else to do now. Maybe it has to do with the motif settings?