Logic Pro 9, Amplitube 3, Midi Pedal, latch automation

chrislukasik

Hey all,

Im at a critical step and now stumbled across a problem. Ill do my best to provide as much detail as possible.

So amplitube inserted into an audio channel.

midi foot controller on and set up ( softstep )

put a couple fx pedals into stomp a and b of amplitube.

open auto and route them to param 1, param 2 etc with the choice being bypass for pedal control.

( hit the fx pedal I want to trigger on amplitube with my mouse ) which will take me to the next step in Logic

Logic-preferences, control surfaces, learn assignment for Param 1 ( the pedal I hit in the previous step)

stomp a key on my softstep midi foot controller. I see it registered. Click learn and bam. Im toggling the fx controller off and on. Great.

repeat above steps to get my other fx stomps lined up with my midi foot controller.

bottom left corner of my audio track I hit the arrow to expand for automation choices. click the window and navigate to my amplitube 3 param 1. click the next bottom left corner to expand. repeat steps until all my fx box param are assigned to an automation track tied into my audio track.

Now my bass guitar part is already performed. I will perfrom the fx as automation with the setting to ' Latch " im assuming. ?? all fx are on and off needed only. no knobs etc.

Now the problem I see:

So on amplitube I hit the pedal on that I want and go. I hear the results etc. finish. switch from " latch " to "read" and everything seems to be opposite. Opposite of what I heard and opposite of the on red light indicator for the pedals within amplitube. Im assuming in automation that 0.00 is "off" and 1.00 is "on"

anyone able to point me in the right direction of how to get things working as they should, it would be greatly appreciated.

thankyou!

Hi, it would be easier if you just loaded Amplitube as an AU MIDI-controlled Effect (from the instrument slot of a software instrument channel strip) and use the MIDI Control window to assign messages from your Softstep to whatever Amplitube parameters you want to control (Stomp Bypass, etc). If you do it this way, you'll be able to record the messages coming from your Softstep to a region on the software instrument track.

To process your audio with Amplitube, you'll have use the Side Chain input menu in the upper right corner of the Amplitube plug-in window.

Just remember to set the audio channel's output to No Output, otherwise you'll hear both the processed signal and the dry signal.

Remember that for Amplitube to respond to any MIDI messages in this kind of setup, its track must be selected/record-ready.

J.

That method works just fine, thanks very much!

So now Im faced with mix down and am having trouble getting the bass guitar lost in the mix. sounds great solo with drums, as do guitars but when all together not so good.

Is it ok to have two identical guitar audio files just panned L & R. while being mindful of phase?

I guess its all eq/panning that will bring it to life.

any insight would be appreciated.

That method works just fine, thanks very much!

You're welcome!

So now Im faced with mix down and am having trouble getting the bass guitar lost in the mix. sounds great solo with drums, as do guitars but when all together not so good.

Is it ok to have two identical guitar audio files just panned L & R. while being mindful of phase?

I guess its all eq/panning that will bring it to life.

any insight would be appreciated.

Please start a new thread for this new topic:

Logic Pro Help Forum rules #4

Thanks!

J.