How to assign the sidechain compression to a single bus

sguney

Hey guys,

I was wondering if it is possible to assign the sidechain compression to a single bus channel so that I don't have to put a compressor to every necessary channel. So I tried and sent the sidechain compressor to an aux channel, but it didn't work out. I think it might give the effect if I routed the channels instead of sending them to the aux, but I don't want it like that since I had them routed to another aux channel for another purpose. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

You can set the output of all your channels to a bus - Logic then creates an Aux for that bus. You can use that Aux for your "other purpose". Now click the "+" sign to the left of the Mixer and create another Aux with its input set to the same bus. You can insert your compressor on that Aux.

That would mean, however, that you're parallel processing, so if that's what you want, great, otherwise, you'll want to simply insert the compressor somewhere on that "other Aux" used for "another purpose".